Pakistan National Shipping Corporation “PNSC”
====Job Opportunities ====
(Latest Engineer Jobs in PNSC 2021)
The Pakistan National Shipping Corporation “PNSC” Group of companies, as the National Flag Carrier undertakes global shipping operations and is presently going through a period of accelerated growth to meet challenges. PNSC requires a high caliber and result-oriented professional for the position of Superintendent Engineer Tanker. Latest Engineer Jobs in PNSC 2021. Details are as under.
|How to Apply||Apply Online at www.pnsc.com.pk|
Post Details :
|Name of Post||No. of Posts||Domicile/Quota||Age Limit|
|Superintendent Engineer Tanker||01||Punjab, Sindh(Rural), KPK,|
Balochistan, Ex-FATA, Azad Kashmir
- The Candidate should be:
- Certificate of Competency Class 1 (Motor or Combine).
- 1-2 years sailing experience as Chief Engineer on Tankers Bulk Carriers.
- 1-2 years experience as Superintendent Engineer in a reputable shipping company would be preferred.
- Age Limit: 55 years
- Domicile / Quota: Merit, Punjab, KPK, Balochistan, Gilgit-Baltistan, Ex-Fata
- Ensuring that ships are maintained accordingly to international regulations and complying with all company procedures.
- Ensuring that statutory and classification surveys for all plants and equipment on fleet ships are carried out.
- Control of assigned budgets.
- Participating in Safety Management System Review Meetings.
- Investigating major mechanical failures and any resulting insurance claims.
- Dealing with non-conformities covering technical procedures of the S.M.S both ashore and afloat.
- Ensuring that the ships are maintained in efficient operating conditions, and all statutory and classification requirements for unrestricted operation of the ships are fulfilled.
- Monitoring and Developing a planned maintenance system for the ships and ensure that this is followed by the ships and improvements were found necessary.
- Keeping a constant check on the technical performance of the ships and ensure that all records and documents are maintained in proper order in accordance with a uniform system for all the ships.
- Checking the technical reports received from the ship, analyze and take necessary corrective action.
- To ensure that Electric / Electronic installations, Navigational aids, communication equipment, automotive and remote control devices on board PNSC vessels are maintained in proper working order.
- Ensuring that all the stores and spares are maintained properly and correctly recorded. To check the indents for stores and machinery spares from the ships and follow-up with stores and supply department to ensure that the approved quantities are delivered to the ship in time.
- To compile the list of repairs, with full specifications of each item to be attended during dry docking of the ship, pass these on to the technical services section well in time for finalizing the dry docking specification, and calling the tenders and deciding the shipyard where the vessel is to be dry-docked (Refer to Section 11.4 of CPM).
- To attend dry-docking of the ship to ensure that all the work is carried out expeditiously and correctly. Suggesting to technical services section alterations and additions to ship machinery and equipment where considered necessary.
- To prepare preliminary budget estimates for the cost of repairs and maintenance of the ships under his control and coordinate for stores and supply department in preparation of budget estimates for the supply of stores and spares. To finalize all the budget estimates in coordination with the fleet management department.
- To ensure that the expenditure is controlled within the approved budget and furnish monthly statements of the expenditure to the Fleet Management Department.
- To keep watch on developments relating to national and international safety regulation. Ensuring that all relevant requirements of SOLAS and MARPOL are met by the ships and shipboard safety Organization effectively.
- To ensure that relevant SMS Files are maintained as per SMS document filing record.
Documents Required for Latest Engineer Jobs in PNSC 2021 :
- Applications with Curriculum Vitae
- Attested Copies of complete Educational Documents
- Experience Certificate(s)
- Copy of CNIC
- Two Recent Photographs.
- The appointment will be on contract, initially for a period of two years extendable with mutual consent. Selected candidates will be offered a market-based remuneration package, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Candidates having exposure to the ERP environment shall be given preference.
- Interested candidates may apply through PNSC online application form available at the PNSC website www.pnsc.com.pk. The last date for submission of the application is 2021-05-12.
- Only short-listed applicants shall be called for an interview.
- No TA/DA or expense of any sort shall be payable.
- Corporation reserves the right to reject any application without disclosing any reason to the applicants.
- The company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job quotas as prescribed vide Establishment Division Notification No # F. No. 4/3/90-R-II dated 19-08-2020 and quotas prescribed for minorities, a person with disabilities, and women will be followed